The Ministry of Health (MOH) announced last Thursday (June 10) that Singapore is moving into Phase 3 (Heightened Alert).
While the government relaxed restrictions for group gatherings from two to five people, it said that dining in at F&B outlets will resume later from June 21.
MOH said today (June 18) that while dining in plans will continue as planned, it will be limited to groups of up to two people instead of five. These adjustments are in light of the latest virus outbreaks and a new cluster at Bukit Merah.
“We allow people from the same household to have multiple tables, but they have to make very clear that they are from the same household, that is not new,” said Lawrence Wong, co-chair of the Covid-19 multi-ministerial task force.
“We’ve allowed that before and we will continue to do so. But if you are not from the same household, then you cannot go and do multiple bookings or have multiple tables, so the same rules that previously applied will continue to apply.”
This means that a group of six family members, for instance, will not be able to sit together as a table of six, he stressed.
May increase to groups of five in mid-July
COVID-19 rapid testing for staff in these higher-risk settings will be ramped up to give Singapore “greater assurance” to open up further, “barring unforeseen circumstances and developments in the pandemic”, said co-chair of the task force Gan Kim Yong.
Group sizes for these higher-risk activities may also be allowed to go up to five people from mid-July.
“This is a more cautious approach to minimise the risk of spikes in cases and the formation of large clusters. But we are mindful that the F&B sector will continue to need help, and we will support them as we further roll back some of the safe distancing measures next Monday,” he added.
According to MOH, recorded music will not be allowed to play at F&B establishments to prevent the risk of transmission from customers talking loudly.
There should also be safe distancing of at least one metre between groups of diners, and customers should keep their masks on at all times except when eating or drinking.
Gyms and fitness studios can resume indoor mask-off sports or exercise activities in group sizes of up to two people, and in classes of up to 30 people including the instructor.
There should be safe distancing of at least two metres between individuals and three metres between groups.
Mask-on activities and outdoor mask-off sports or exercise activities can continue in groups of no more than five people and in classes of up to 30 people including the instructor.
In addition, wedding receptions will not be allowed until mid-July.
“We do expect the number of COVID cases to go up … especially in the weeks that follow. This is something we are prepared for, but we must continue to stay vigilant and abide by safe management measures,” said Gan.
Featured Image Credit: Jorge Silva via Reuters
VP Label puts together all the best local products for you to discover in one place. Join us in supporting homegrown Singaporean brands:
The post Covid-19: Dining in to resume in S’pore on June 21, but will be capped at two persons only appeared first on Vulcan Post.